RECORDS - Lancashire
- Roger Turton Collection
- A comprehensive collection of material relating to coal and stone mining and quarrying in Rossendale and adjoining areas of Lancashire. Comprised of copies of primary and secondary sources, with maps and photographs. A card index of sites in the area has been transferred to the Society's computerised index. Plus - sundry material on coal mining in the Rochdale, Oldham to Wigan area. Geological sections of the Lancashire Coalfield.
- Anon. "Modernisation of Old Collieries (Poynton Colliery at Stockport" Colliery Guardian, Vol.CXXXIII No.3454 (March 1927), pp.433-438.
- Anon. "The Duke of Bridgewater's Underground Canals" The Mining Engineer.
- Belfitt, J.G. & Birch, J. "Some Recent Skip Installations in the Wigan Area" undated typescript.
- Potts, E. "The Reorganisation of Chamber Colliery" Colliery Guardian, Vol.CLIV No.3975 (March 1937), pp.433-438.
- Wadsworth, A.P. The History of Coal Mining Rochdale District (1949), pp.105-113. Anglezarke lead and witherite mines - extracts from Lancashire Record Office.
- Lead mining around Baxenden - press cutting.
- France, R.S. The Thieveley Lead Mines 1629-1635 (Lancashire and Cheshire Record Society, No.102, 1951), 233pp.