Announcement Date: October 22, 2016
INDOOR – Members met for the Autumn General Meeting at the Festival Hall, Gisburn, Yorkshire.
Following the sale of books and a buffet lunch, the formal part of the meeting heard reports from the officers and various other items of business. Following this a number of presentations were made by members:
- Ron Callender – an introduction to Gold washing and demonstration of same.
- James Cleland – Metallurgy of a sample from Maidens Cross colliery (complete with hand-out)
- Graham Topping – Clayton Mitchell, Grime Bridge Collieries, The early Years (1978-1987)
- Graham Topping – An interview with Rodney Mitchell
- David Kitching – Norberry Engine House, Hazel Grove