Lord & Whitehead worked the Foot and Mountain Mines at this small pit between 1870 and 1875. It was reopened as New California by the New California Colliery Ltd in the late 1920s, but closed in March 1930. It worked the Upper Foot Mine.


  • NMRS Records, Gazetteer of British Collieries
  • Abandonment Plan No. 11087
Return to previous page