This was one of the myriad small pits in the area around Rochdale. In 1848 Stott, Milne & Co. was working this drift in the Little Foot and Lower Foot Mines. In 1885 Robert Ridings had Dog Road, but it was abandoned on October 26th 1888.
- NMRS Records, Gazetteer of British Collieries
- Abandonment Plan No.2292
- Slaters Royal National Directory 1848 (Rochdale)