This, another of the small drift mines worked in the Wardle area, was owned by J.R. Heath between 1915 and November 1928. It worked the Upper and Lower Foot Mines and appears to have come in and out of production to suit the local market. For example, the Upper Foot was abandoned in the latter part of 1917 and in 1918. The drift reopened, but the Upper Foot was abandoned again in July 1925. Final closure came in November 1928.
- NMRS Records, Gazetteer of British Collieries
- Abandonment Plan No.6758 (1918)
- Kellys Lancashire Directory 1924 (Rochdale)