This colliery was sunk by Mayall & Leach in the late 1850s to work the 0.75 metre thick Royley Mine at a depth of 256 metres. The seam had a dip of 1 in 3.43, but no direction is given. Ownership then passed first to Mayall, Leach & Seddon in 1865, then Mayall & Seddon from 1869 to 1875 and lastly to a Trustee of John Mayall in 1880. Later that year the colliery was abandoned.
- NMRS Records, Gazetteer of British Collieries
- Fanning, G. Oldham Coal (British Mining No.68, 2001)