This drift mine, near Littleborough, worked the Foot Mine. James and William Chadwick worked it from 1848 to 1855. It was then closed until 1865 when H. & L. Newall were the owners. They were followed by (or may have been) the Sheepbank Colliery Co. in 1869, when the drift was closed until 1880. James Howard began work in the latter year, but discontinued work from 1895 to 1898. It then continued until 1901, when it closed.
- NMRS Records, Gazetteer of British Collieries