This colliery had two pits, one was 180 metres north-west of the other, and they were linked by a tramway. Stott Dearden & Co., who in 1848 were also described as coke burners, were working the Lower Mountain Mine.
|The ownership during the thirty years from 1854 was as follows:-|
|1854-1855||Stotts, Dearden & Lomax|
|1859-1860||Smallbridge Colliery Co|
|1865||Lomax, Dearden & Co|
|1869-1875||Lomax & Co.|
|1880-1885||Samuel Lomax & Co.|
The mine had closed before 1890 and it was abandoned in the following year.
- NMRS Records, Gazetteer of British Collieries
- Abandonment Plan No. 2639