This small drift on Longden End Brook worked the Little Mine. It was driven by Elijah Chadwick in the late 1880s. By 1895 Benjamin Chadwick and the executors of Alfred Wild ran the drift, followed by Benjamin Chadwick on his own in 1896. By 1897 Benjamin Chadwick, Schofield Hall and the executors of Alfred Wild had the mine until 1899. Schofield Hall had disappeared by 1900, leaving Benjamin Chadwick and the executors of Alfred Wild. The following year it was owned by the executors of Benjamin Chadwick.
From 1895 to 1901 employed an average of six men worked underground and none on the surface.
- NMRS Records, Gazetteer of British Collieries