MINORCA COLLIERY (SK 354114)
A single shaft was sunk here in 1914. It was nominally a separate colliery from Measham but was always linked for ventilation purposes. It was fully integrated with Measham Colliery in 1952.
Anecdotal evidence is that an early electric winder was installed here, which may point to it being the original winder at the colliery.
|Seams Worked (1952)||Woodfield, Stockings and Main|
|Workforce (1952)||Underground 657, Surface 152|
|Workforce (1964)||Total 600 approx.|
|Merged with Donisthorpe||1985|
Copyright © NMRS Records: Geoff Hayes CollectionReturn to previous page