An 18th century tin mine which worked continually from 1761-1811 to a depth of 132 fm below the adit.
After that there were several small-scale attempts at mining until in 1857 Rosewall Hill and Ransom United restarted mining. Seven years later the mine employed 120 men, 20 women and 30 boys. As tin prices continued to fall it closed in 1876.
This mine can be found on the OS Explorer Map 102 SW496393.Return to previous page