Reeth – NY 991999
This mill was near the beck, immediately to the south-east of the (later) Surrender mill. It was one of the three mills built by Philip Swale and Robert Barker under their lease of the mines from Philip Lord Wharton. As noted above, their first two mills (the High and Low mills) were built in 1674 and 1682, but we do not know which of them was built first.
Further information and references can be found in:
Gill, M.C. Yorkshire Smelting Mills Part 1, Northern Mine Research Society Memoirs 1992, British Mining No 45, pp 111-150