- Field notes on buildings at Snailbeach, White Grit and Wood lead mines.
- Allbutt, M. & Brook, F. “The South Shropshire Mining Lead Mines” Industrial Archaeology, Vol.10 No.1 (1973), pp.40-63 and plates pp.110-113.
- Brown, I.J. The Lincoln Hill Limestone Mines – 16 pages of notes.
- Brown, I.J. Snailbeach Mine Stage 2 Study: Industrial Archaeology Aspects of the Study Area (Unpublished report to Wardell Armstrong, 1988).
- Haszard, R.M. “The Metalliferous Mining Area of Shropshire” Proceedings of the British Speleological Association, No.2 (September 1964), pp.29-37.
- Hofman, H.O. The Metallurgy of Lead (London: The Scientific Publishing Co., 1895). pp.91- 100 are based on Moissenet’s paper.
- Moissenet, M.L. “Treatment of Galena in Welsh Furnaces at the Pontesford lead works near Shrewsbury” Annales de Mines, 6th Ser. No.1 (1862), pp.445-500.