Announcement Date: April 16, 2016
SURACE VISIT – Hanson’s Quarry, Hawes Road, Ingleton, was begun in 1955. Full planning permission for the continuation to the year 2020 of the extraction of the much needed product has been given by the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority. With an even greater demand for road and railway repairs and new construction, expansion of the present quarry began in January 2016 starting on the east wall.
A much appreciated visit to the site took place after the AGM on 16th April. We were lead by a member of the staff to view the quarry, 130m deep workings, primary/tertiary crushing stations, and to the quarry’s lorry load-out points. The visit improved our understanding of the operation of the quarry, and many thanks were extended to staff and management.