Membership is welcomed and open to all over the age of 18 years. Persons under the age of 18 years may be accepted, with written parental approval, at the committee’s discretion.
Membership term runs from 1st January to 31st December each year, however if you join after the 1st September, we will automatically put your membership for the following year, unless you tell us otherwise. In this situation you will receive immediate access to members benefits with the exception of the newsletters and publications for that year. Your membership will start properly on the 1st January and the first communication from us will be the February newsletter. Membership currently costs £17 per year for the UK, £25 per year for the EU and £30 per year for worldwide members.
Members benefit from the following:
- Free high quality publications
- Previous years publications available at a substantial discount
- Newsletters issued 4 times a year
- Online members area with members resources and copies of previous years newsletters
- A programme of walks around mining sites and underground trips
- A library containing a wide range of books available for loan
- Access to extensive records for research purposes
How can you join
Prospective members must agree to abide by our constitution
Please visit our Online Membership Application page and complete the form there. You can make payment by credit/debit card or by cheque.
Membership runs from January to December; anyone joining after the 1st of September is automatically put forward until the following year unless you inform us to the contrary. Access to the publication discount code is available immediately.Online Application
NMRS recognises that exploring old mines and mine sites is a potentially hazardous activity.
Participants in these events should be aware of, and accept, these risks and be responsible for their own actions.