A third block of Arley Mine in the Higham area was worked from this drift. A little Dandy Mine was also worked.

Begun in 1954 the drift opened in 1958 and at first was worked in conjunction with Reedley & Fence No.2.

It had been expected to have only a two or three year life but did not close until March 11th 1966.


Further reading:

Return to previous page