Allenheads Mill – NY85064642
The first mill was built here around 1725, but it was extended and a 3 km long flue was added in the nineteenth century.
In 1821 it was owned and run by Colonel & Mrs Beaumont and was equipped with one roasting furnace, three ore hearths, and a slag hearth.
The mill was closed in 1870.
Further information and references can be found in:
- Fairbairn. R.A. (1996) The Weardale Mines (British Mining No.56)