Anglezarke – SD 623190
When Sir Thomas Standish let his mines to Sir Henry Houghton in 1721, the lease contained provision for the construction of a smelting mill at a place called Wharf, in Anglezarke. No trace of a mill has been found, but its intended position is assumed to have been on the Warth Brook, which flows near White Coppice.
Further information and references can be found in:
- Gill, M.C. Yorkshire Smelting Mills Part 2, Northern Mine Research Society Memoirs 1993, British Mining No 48, pp 132-151