Arkengarthdale – NY 992010
This mill stood in Bleaberry Gill, near the boundary with the AD liberties in Swaledale. It is not known when it was built, but it supplemented the High mill, and also closed when the Octagon mill began smelting in 1804. The High and Low mills are both shown on a plan of the manor made in 1799.
Further information and references can be found in:
- Gill, M.C. Yorkshire Smelting Mills Part 1, Northern Mine Research Society Memoirs 1992, British Mining No 45, pp 111-150