Rimington – SD 815449
This is a small mill on the north bank of Ings Beck. It was probably built in the early 1820s and closed in the slump of 1830-31. The mill’s flue ran for a short distance up the hillside to a chimney, which stood on the edge of the valley near to the west end of Skeleron Wood. The 1850 Ordnance Survey map shows it as an “old smelting house”.
Further information and references can be found in:
- Gill, M.C. Yorkshire Smelting Mills Part 2, Northern Mine Research Society Memoirs 1993, British Mining No 48, pp 132-151