Augill Mill – NY81601466
This moderate size mill still stands, though it is roofless.
It was built by the North Stainmore Company in 1843, and appears to have had four ore-hearths, with a horizontal flue taking fumes to a chimney about 245 metres away. Nevertheless, a change of use is implied because it is described as an iron foundry on the first edition 1/10560 Ordnance Survey map.
Further information and references can be found in:
- Smith, R. & Murphy, S. (2011) Mines of the West Pennines (British Mining No.91), pp.182-183